Holiday Season announcement: 2014 Holiday Gift Drive!
Each year we hold a holiday gift drive to collect gifts for over 450 homeless and at-risk youth accessing Larkin Street services. Click here to see our 2014 Holiday Wish List and help brighten the holidays for homeless youth!
Make an In-Kind Gift to Larkin Street Youth Services
In-kind donations help Larkin Street provide important necessities to the young people we serve. Larkin Street is grateful to the many donors who contribute donated clothing, household goods, and other wish list items to help San Francisco’s most vulnerable youth.
Please respect our in-kind donation guidelines and understand that items are subject to refusal. Donated items that we must dispose of are a cost to our agency. Please contact our Volunteer Program Manager if you have any questions about the acceptability of an item you wish to donate or if you are interested in organizing a drive. All items must be clean and in working condition.
Used clothing & household items can be dropped off at 1142 Sutter Street, 8am-6pm weekdays and 8am-4pm on weekends.
New/unused items, toiletries, or art supplies can be dropped off at 1138 Sutter Street, 9am-5pm weekdays.
For questions, please call 415.673.0911 x221.
ITEMS OF GREATEST NEED
- New or washed gently used clothing and shoes (nothing ripped or stained)
- Youth/young adult oriented
- Business casual & plus-size clothing
- Men’s jeans/pants & men’s shoes are especially useful
- Socks & Underwear – new only
- Jackets, sweatshirts, outerwear
- Gloves, scarves, & hats
Small household items:
- Portable/easy to carry
- New or like-new
- Plates, utensils, cups, glasses, dishes, towels, pots, pans, microwaves, toasters, camping items, etc.
- New only
- Full size or travel size
- Toothbrushes, toopthpaste, lotion, deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, disposable razors, shaving cream, feminine hygeine products, etc.
- New or like-new
- Plain/understated (no company logos)
- Pencils, markers, pens
- Rulers, protractors
- Art supplies
- Day planners
Note: this list is always changing! Please don’t hesitate to call or email us if you’d like to know what’s at the top of the list that day.