Sample One-Time and Short-Term Opportunities
If your group is interested in contributing as volunteers for other one-time, short-term, or off-site projects, please read on for some unique and rewarding opportunities.
- Spearhead a clothing, toiletry, or gift drive with friends, family, or colleagues.
- Assist with preparing and serving a meal for one of our programs.
- Join a community beautification project at one of our program sites.
- Sponsor youth during the holidays by collecting clothing and gifts.
- Host a fundraising event to benefit Larkin Street at your headquarters, store, or local establishment or partner with a local restaurant or business to host a party for your colleagues with a percentage of the proceeds benefiting Larkin Street.
- Host a tour of your offices for youth in our employment programs.
Group projects slots fill up quickly! To plan your group’s next community involvement opportunity please contact the Volunteer Program Manager at (415) 673-0911 x 221 or email Group Inquiry.
Group and One-time Volunteer Opportunities at Larkin Street Youth Services
Group/Corporate Volunteer Projects
Group volunteering is a great way to strengthen your team, demonstrate your commitment to the community, and have fun. We are regularly supported through various group projects that help us complete facility updates, provide additional special services, and save staff valuable time that can be spent working directly with youth.
Groups can participate in a wide variety of projects based on group number, scheduling, and current program needs.
- Types: Our most common group projects include painting, clothing closet sorting, food preparation and gardening. All of these positively impact our youth by enhancing their environment and showing that others care about them.
- Budget: To the extent possible, groups are asked to cover expenses involved with beautification projects.
- Timeframe: Most opportunities are available Monday through Friday from 9am to 5:30pm for groups of 5 to 15 people. We do not have any weekend projects or large (25+ volunteers) projects available at this time.