Requirements for ongoing volunteers:
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must commit to a consistent shift of three hours per week for at least 6 months.
- Submit to a criminal background screening.
Interested in short term or one-time individual volunteer opportunities? Here are some examples of opportunities:
- Spearhead a clothing, toiletry, or gift drive with colleagues, family, or friends.
- Host a fundraising event to benefit Larkin Street at your headquarters, store, or local establishment or partner with a local restaurant or business to host a party for your colleagues with a percentage of the proceeds benefiting Larkin Street.
- Share your professional talents by assisting our Development, Finance or HR departments on administrative projects or join one of our committees.
- Stay informed of one-time opportunities and special events, by requesting to be on our Volunteer Opportunities Email Blast.
If you have questions or would like more information (415) 673-0911, ext. 221 or simply email Volunteer Inquiry.
If you are looking for a group volunteer project, please visit our Volunteer Group page.
Volunteer Opportunities for Individuals
Larkin Street is deeply committed to a partnership with our community and hosts volunteers with various backgrounds, interests, and experiences throughout our programs. Whether working directly with youth or in other supportive roles, individual community members can get involved in a host of opportunities, both ongoing and one-time. The energy, skills, creativity, and time given by our individual volunteers supports both our youth and staff and helps to drive our mission.
Process to become a volunteer:
We receive more applications than we have available volunteer positions. Attendance at an Information Session or Interview does not guarantee advancement to the training or a volunteer placement
- Attend an Information Session.
- Complete an Application, which you will receive at the Information Session.
- Qualified applicants will be asked to participate in a group interview.
- Complete 10 hours of Volunteer Training for those invited to advance forward.
- Submit a TB test and Live Scan criminal background check.
To learn more about volunteering and how to sign up for a Volunteer Information Session, please email email@example.com
Please note: the next volunteer training will take place in July 2013.
Next information sessions:
May 31st, 2013 -1pm
June 10th, 2013 – 6:30pm